Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:23:20 -0600
From:         David Chasteen <dchaz@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is it me or is it my Westy?--long
Comments: To: Steve <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

My 2 cents. After being involved in and with law enforcement for many years, a refusal of a search request will most likely result in a warrant to search being obtained from your local red-neck magistrate and you spending many hours on the side of the road while they literally rip your van apart. If you have nothing to hide, let the cop search. Its easy to blame law enforcement for being too harsh, but they have a job to do too.

I relate to the comment about the middle-aged guy with a goatee. That's me to a tee, deadhead sticker included. Of course driving a "hippie van" doesn't help either.

Anyway, lighten up. If you were in a hurry, you wouldn't be driving a Vanagon!

Chaz '82 Westy "Peewee" Brownfield, Texas