Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Nov 1998 01:32:17 EST
From:         Scott Desanti <Scooter061@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Well, It Finally Did It....
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hi Volks,

Well.... 25 degrees outside... in the snow... in the parking lot of the base exchange (dept. store for you civilians).... I waged war on the pesky oil cooler o-ring. It was a bloody battle....and close quarter combat was the plan of the day. But armed with my scan of the Bentley page showing my dreaded enemy's location and wrapped in the best long underwear, coveralls, and cold weather gear your taxpayer dollars could afford to buy for me (thank you all very much, by the way).... I met the enemy head on with aplomb.

And many passers-by bore witness to my battle..... they heard the loud exclamations.... the battle cries during the fight.... and much gnashing of teeth.... The clang of tempered steel and plastic handles working at a feverish pitch.... the groan of rubber being forced ever so slowly from it's previous vise clenched perch.

At 1600 hrs, the light began to fade.... but enough remained to illuminate the result of my herculean effort.... I was truly the undisputed victor. The only thing I lacked was a spot of distilled water to top off the reservoir which I obtained at the local convenience store.

I must, of course, thank all of you who sent me advice and technical information. You provided the ammunition with which I waged war in that parking lot. Without your staunch support.... I would be lost.

May you all be blessed with trouble-free Vanagon's.... I salute each and every one of you.

Scott T. De Santi 86 Vanagon (stain-free)

PS... the significant other has promised me a Bentley for Christmas... I am so lucky.....