Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:21:05 -0600
From:         Blue Eyes <lvlearn@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Low Platinum Cat prices shown on I-net sales site.
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

At the following address: http://www.netins.net/showcase/solarcatalog/catalogue10.html I found vented Platinum Cat Catalytic Radiant Propane Heaters *******copy follows******* The Platinum Cat operates on economical, clean burning and convent natural gas or propane which is the least expensive form of energy available. They come with a 12VDC or 110VAC operating exhaust fan and controlled circuitry with a remote thermostat. This heater uses the unique and very efficient catalytic combustion process which produces sun-like radiant heat with many safety features built in. They are vented through a 1.5 inch plastic pipe through your crawl space or basement to an outside wall. Therefore they do not have to be mounted on an outside wall.

We have a small one in our bath and another one in my office. We are very pleased with them as we heat only the areas that we are in and do not have to waste energy.

Model BTU/H Power Price User Friendly Price Size in inches LP/NG-5.6 5.6 115VAC $536.00 $400.00 28x12.5x5.5 LP-5.2 5.2 12VDC $414.00 $315.00 21x12x5.5 LP-3.0 3 12VDC $398.00 $300.00 14x12x5.5 *******end copy******** These are lower price than I recall seeing before.

Hope this helps someone else, John