Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:10:44 -0500
From:         Vlach Family <vlach@COBWEB.NET>
Subject:      Is it me? Broke Shift Lever!
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

"Why do I still drive this vehicle?"

* * * * * *

I have not experienced your gearshift problem, but I have an answer to your question about why you still drive this vehicle.

You probably drive it for some of the same reasons I drive my '87 syncro. It's been the most efficient, functional, spacious vehicle I've ever owned. I've been fortunate to have experienced relatively minor inconveniences with repairs. Especially when compared to our 10+ years of extremely pleasurable driving. In addition, after 10+ years, I am still amazed and impressed with the van's design every time I step into it.

The biggest PITA I had with our van, is finding experienced, talented, knowledgeable people to work on them when I do have a problem.

This list would have been a great asset to me over the years if I had only known about it. How long has it existed?

Anyway, I'm sure your luck will turn around!

Ex-Lurker Lynnda Vlach '87 Syncro weekender