Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:44:57 -0500
From:         Mark Rokus <marokus@VOYAGER.NET>
Subject:      Re: What does an Air flow meter do?
Comments: To: Goldenroad@AOL.COM
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I know this has been covered before but not recently, so I'll mention it again My experience has been that you can move the circuit board enough or slightly reposition the wiper arm enough to get a marginal box to work again. The cause of the problem is first: dirt on the resistor surface and the wiper contact, or second: the wiper has worn a path on the resistor surface. If careful cleaning does not fix the problem, look for a wear arc. Loosen the mounting screws on the "resistor" board and see if you can get it to shift slightly so as to get a new surface for the wiper to ride on. Mark