Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:52:28 -0800
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Bad Experience With Bus Depot
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi Malcolm!

Please enlighten this little boy from Oz. I know about the right to remain silent but what is the other 1st amendment.

I fully agree lets start a thread about good experiences from Ron and his merry men, whoops and women. In my case I inquired about heads for my 2.1 ltr. Jerry got back to me almost immediately with details and even looked into the cost of freight to Australia. Not only giving me one option but went to the trouble of pricing both air and surface.

In my opinion I say they are a great bunch of blokes. I am truly sorry that here in Australia we don't have a supplier like Ron, Jim Thompson, Ken, Kyle, Todd and a few others. Most of our parts come via the dealers and the privateerers we do have also know how to charge. With our Dollar going into cardiac arrest every time the world markets burp or fart, the exchange rate is far too savage. Still as Joel keeps saying you guys will live down there.

Lets have a balanced opinion. Anyone say a good word about Ron and the other suppliers on the list and please lets not start a flame war.

Ray Hunnam.

PS. Loved your tales of the trip Ron. Brought back lots of memories