Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:07:28 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <rfeussner@GMX.DE>
Subject:      Re: Winkler 4-wheel disc brakes

I already talked to Winkler a few months ago after having installed my Audi V6. They say the 4 discs-brake system is original the one offered by "Oettinger" in Germany. It costs about 4700-5000 D-Marks. Oettinger used these brakes for their 6-Cylinder Waterboxer Vanagons built in the 80s. And by the way I recommend not to trade with Winkler... (only my personal opinion, but shared with few other german vanagon drivers). I offered a front plastic bumper long ago, and the quality was very poor! They are not very friendly when talking to you and not being sure that you definitely want to buy a thing. They also offer the roof spoiler (Third brake light) I wrote about. Cheaper, but not original Projektzwo... So if you want 4 discs: better call Oettinger!

You can buy a 2 discs brake system at ds-tuning in germany (address on my homepage). The front discs are ventilated, too. They costs about 1700 D-Marks. I ordered these and hope to get them at Christmas :-) And when more money is available I can offer the rear discs later.

Raimund http://kfz.freepage.de/rfeussner