Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:14:29 EST
From:         Steve Lashley <ThingGuy@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy seat hinges (Available from Reimo)
Comments: To: sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

In a message dated 12/4/98 9:41:20 AM, sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM wrote:

<<Actually, you can see this readily as depicted in the REIMO catalog -- the bed, when unhinged from its seat position, sits about 4" higher than our North American Westies. Perhaps getting these hinges would be fairly simple? Anyone know the part numbers?

Cheers,

MJS >>

I found these listed on page 183 in the 1998 Reimo Catalog, which are still available for $7 including shipping (p-mail for details)

Translation from AltaVista Translations: "Note: These two fittings raise the seat face on engine compartment level (VW old) or engine compartment rope box level (to Bj. 7/90).

for the VW bus starting from Bj. 8/79 - 7/90 very stably, inclusive building guidance and two edition handles. Engine compartment rope box necessarily

Reimo 58001 109.90 DM"

I haven't found a listing yet for the "rope box", which I assume is the storage box that fits over the engine compartment.

They also list the hinges for the older buses, which raise the seat to the same level as the engine compartment, which is the way my '74 is now, which makes me wonder if someone can use hinges from a Bay window bus on a vanagon to achieve the needed height.

New height achieved to top of seat cushion is 555mm. Does this sound close to what you need?

Steve Lashley SKL Enterprises Importing German Side Tents, Carver Propane Heaters and other Accessories for Bus, Vanagon and Eurovan http://members.aol.com/tentinfo