Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:22:05 -0500
From:         Frank Goodrick <video.image@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re Flue cover
Comments: To: Ron Mighton <rmighton@PASSPORT.CA>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

My understanding from my dealer is that you should only use one that will disintegrate with gas buildup - something like a plastic margarine cover doesn't fit the bill & could be dangerous.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The original poster meant, I think, the metal flue cover, not the quasi-plastic one that is removeable. My dealer sells the plastic one separately for about $45. Canadian.

Interesting that the EV Winnie does not use a removable protective cover over the fixed assembly.

I needed a new flue vent exterior assembly for my Winnie &, just like the original poster re. his Westy, had to buy the entire assembly - pipes & all just to get it - all of $50 CDN at VW Richmond Hill near Toronto ; when buying it, the parts guy said "you're lucky it's not for your Westfalia".

Frank.

91 Westy (CDN, stored in Amsterdam) 95 Winnie EVC (in Toronto)

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Mighton <rmighton@PASSPORT.CA> To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM <vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Sunday, December 06, 1998 10:57 AM Subject: Re Flue cover