Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Dec 1998 22:49:47 -0600
From:         Racer X <akimmons@PDQ.NET>
Subject:      Re: A great Tool to Clean the Westy Interior
Comments: To: Blue Eyes <lvlearn@MCI2000.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I don't have a big ol 200 psi compressor, but I do have a 120 psi compressor and I'll vouch for this method of cleaning carpet. I'll usually put a box fan or something in there too to help blow out the really fine airborn particles...

I have to add that an air compressor is one of the most useful tools that I have ever owned. If you can afford one, you won't regret buying it. I use mine constantly.

Blue Eyes wrote: > > Marshall Ruskin wrote ~ > "I just bought this Black and Decker "Dirt-Buster." It has a powered > rotating brush, 25 foot cord and really worked great at cleaning > my interior." > (clip) "nothing ruins an interior like sand and gravel." > > I know this isn't common, but after you try it once, you won't be > satisfied with less. With eye protection and maybe a dust mask. > Take a 200 psi air hose with short nozzle into the dirty vehicle > with all the doors and hatch open. You'll need air exchanges. > Put the tip of that nozzle right down against the carpet at about > 45 degree angle POINTING TOWARD AN OPEN DOOR. Make > sure nobody and no pets are standing there when you start, > because they would get sand blasted. It is incredible what you > can blow out of your average car / van carpet and other areas > in short order. When you're done with that you may use your > hand-held carpet shampooer/vac. The difference is incredible. > > I know the average VW owner doesn't have this kind of air supply > available in their garage. But if you lay a couple bucks on your > repair shop owner and ask in a polite way, he may let you use > an air hose and nozzle for 5 minutes. Be prepared to be amazed. > > I want to read the comments of somebody who tries it for the > first time. You can't be as skeptical as I was about this when I > was told to do it the first time. 'Made a believer of me. > John > > Recent findings show that three out of four people > make up 75% of the population.