Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Dec 1998 07:51:29 EST
From:         Brad Spear <SSGSPEAR@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Differential Lock curiosity
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

The diff-lock is to be engaged with the knob pulled out. It sounds like someone did some repairs or whatever to the transmission and when they put everything back together switched the blue and white hoses. Switching them back will correct the knob issue.

The other two knob positions are for a locking front diff and center diff, not avaiable in the USA or Canada if I'm not mistaken. All the wiring is in place for these two, just not the actual diffs.

SFC Brad Spear '72 Westy '87 Syncro GL