Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:24:26 -0800
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Differential Lock curiosity
Comments: To: vanagon <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Daniel Bey wrote:

> While we are on that subject? How do I test the dif lock to see if it's > working? When I purcased the vech last year, the dealer said that it was > working fine? but when ever I pulled the switch out, I can't feel any real > differance. Also the lights on the lock panels all light up, but does not > change when I pull the knob out. I do feel, and can hear the pressure of the > vaccum working when I pull the switch in and out. > > Anyone have any suggestions??? > > Dan > 87 Syncro GL Westy > 71 Bug Conv

Place your van on some gravel, a lawn, some sand, ice or snow, pull the knob, start driving in a very tight left circle, while you watch the left rear, it should be slipping and spinning, cause it wants to go faster than the ground under it. Don't try this on asphalt or concrete! It'll ruin your diff!!!

PerL 88 Syncro

[text/html]