Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:46:22 EST
From:         Steve Lashley <ThingGuy@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon vent shade/wind deflector URL
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

In a message dated 12/10/98 12:12:45 PM, JordanVw wrote:

<<i have a pair of the ClimAir ventshades. there are no clips. they attatch in the upper channel of the window just by tension/ pressure. they dont stay in place.... the only alternative is to silicone them in, it seems.

chris>>

I was interpreting this from the instructions that say "wedges" may be needed in some installations. I would think that if this was the case for the Vanagon, they would provide the wedges. Here is the translation from my German instructions. Let me know if this sounds anything like the instructions that came with your set.

"Assembly without drilling. To begin installation of the draft deflectors lower the windowpane and press the deflector up into the window channel. The deflector will be held in place by the window guidance channel.

Carefully raise the window and check whether the seat is correct.

With some vehicles is the assembly with addition-wedges.

Scope of supply: In each case a wind deflector is provided for drivers and passenger door.

Note: With the VW T4 with electrical window lifter the airlite cannot be installed. "

I spoke with someone today who had installed these deflectors on their '93 EV a couple of years ago. Twice they had their window shatter for no apparent reason. This was a great mystery for them until I told them that the deflectors were likely causing the problem. Her Brother had brought them back from Germany.

Is anyone familiar with the window units on the Eurovan. I would think that you would be able to adjust how high the window will raise so it doesn't press against the deflector and place stress on the glass.

Steve Lashley SKL Enterprises Importing German Side Tents, Carver Propane Heaters and other Accessories for Bus, Vanagon and Eurovan http://members.aol.com/tentinfo