Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Dec 1998 02:45:55 EST
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Good news:got SA Grill from James Cohen
Comments: To: Vanagon@Vanagon.com

Hey guys--

I just got my South African grill from listee James Cohen and want to pass on my satisfaction and excitement to those involved in the buying frenzy.

The grill from James comes with the two inner driving lights. The driving lights he supplies are Hella lights from VW. Still in the VW/Audi packaging. They are mounted on a metal bracket which also seems to be factory and have two diagonal opposed adjusting screws to aim the driving lights once mounted to your bus. The metal plates have to be mounted to the metal of your bus behind the grill. This seems like a simple process of drilling four small hole and securing the plate with some sheet metal screws. The lights are real beauties. And the grill seems to be designed for these exact lights since the diagonal adjusting screws correspond directly with two small intends molded into the grill.

Although I haven't installed the grill, it looks like a simple enough job.

So get yourself a holiday gift. These grills are cool. And those Hellas have got to light up the night. Now, at night you'll see me coming. But beware, I'll see you first.

James does not supply the VW emblem for the center of the grill, but apparently the emblem from a Golf (?) will fit.

And no. I'm not getting a kickback. I'm just a satisfied customer, and I know buying from someone you don't know can sometimes be disappointing. So I'm acting as an extra set of eyes, and I am not dissappointed. I think James is asking $210 for the grill and lights, plus shipping. I picked mine up in person. If you go this route, approach his house with caution. He's got a mean junkyard dog guarding the place.

Contact James if you're interested in a purchase please, not me. He's at: jscohen@SPRYNET.com

I bought a cool "MICROBUS" emblem from South Africa from James also.

Jeff 83.5 Westy (or is it a '98 South African Microbus?) NYC