Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Dec 1998 23:48:46 -0800
From:         David Raistrick <keen@POLARIS.DIGITAL-GALAXY.NET>
Subject:      82 Wont start....
Comments: To: Type2 List <type2@type2.com>

*sigh* again.

1 am, and the phone rings..."It's late for Ashleigh to be calling" thinks my brain...brother answers the phone, "Dave..for you" again, brain thinks its late for her to call..."It's mom. She's broke down" are his next words.

Hmmm.

It's now near 3, I just got back from picking her up, and trying to get the bus to start. (had to take my brothers Fox, as I'm not sure Ichi will even make it to work tomorrow, so I didnt wanna stretch my luck trying to make this trip too..damn clutch)

She has voltage in and out of the coil. Coil wire sets of my timing light, as do all 4 plug wires.

She has spark. While cranking, there IS a telltale smell of gas, sugessting to me that there is gas being injected....

She said when the started it up leaving school, it was running rough. Made it about 2 miles, then it died at a light. Never did stop running rough. She said it sounded like it was missing.

It sat near an hour before I got there, and still did nothing when I tried it.

Now that we have 3 broken busses and a ####edup Jetta, that leaves moms truck and brothers Fox to get 4 people to various corners of the earth. Great.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to look, what and how to check it, and any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Near full tank, she had filled it up that morning.

thanks....david

-- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Ichigo keen@finally.atlasta.net '82 Westy-Maxine (Mom's) '66 SO-44 Westy (It runs! I drove it!) in Augusta Ga