Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Dec 1998 01:58:14 -0500
From:         Pat <pdooley@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Do not give up on the Wasserboxer just yet,
              the power is there...
Comments: To: vwvanman@EXCITE.COM, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Robert, the total cost of what you suggest is ridicules when you consider the fact that I can buy an Audi 5 turbo motor for 200 bucks and a conversion kit from James Cohen for under a grand. The potential power output of the Audi motor makes the WB look like a play toy.

Also, please tell me how you got the 133mph figure. Did you do some research to determine how much HP and gear ratio is required to propel this vehicle to that speed?