Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Dec 1998 01:43:02 -0600
From:         Dave <dave@V-DUB.MUSA.COM>
Subject:      BBTA in Road & Track (January 99)
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@Vanagon.com>

FYI in the January 99 Road & Track there is a letter from a Daniel Henry about driving his 71 bus to BBTA 14. Here's the letter (from p. 18):

"I'm sitting here this morning moved (again) by Peter Egan's drive to Woodstock ("By the Time We Got to Woodstock," November 1998). A month ago I drove my 1971 VW bus to Busses by the Arch, the annual Labor Day gathering in St. Louis. My 7-year-old son was in the front seat with me, the moon bright, full and orange, on a humid September night. As we drove past the small Indiana and Illinois towns, high school football was on the radio, and then the Cardinals and Mark McGwire. Although I was too young for Vietnam (thankfully) and Woodstock (regretfully), Egan's word's evoked what impossibly with a blond smiling son whom I also love impossibly, sitting beside me. Thank you for that gift. DANIEL HENRY Bloomington, Indiana"

I just thought it was neat that BBTA was mentioned in R&T.

Dave Filcoff dave@v-dub.musa.com Volkswagens! http://v-dub.musa.com ------------------------------------------------------ 87 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Weekender (129k) 88 Fox GL 4 door (154k) 90 Associated RC10 Team Car, Aluminum 95 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS ------------------------------------------------------ St. Louis / Columbia, MO LiMBO - Gateway VW Club - VWoA VW Club - Der Busbezitzer Gruppe