Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:50:33 -0600
From:         Blue Eyes <lvlearn@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Precision measuring tools
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

A few days ago I mentioned that had bought some new precision measuring tools at an auction. I offered them to List members for what I think are low prices. Here's an updated listing of what's left. There are 3 items I didn't find the first time.

Inside micrometer, 2 to 4 inches. There's a one inch replacement extension. That makes it 3 to 4 inches, without it, it's 2 to 3 inches. Calibrated to 1/10,000 inch. Same style snap lock wood case. I'll sell it for $25.

4 to 5 inch micrometer, these are Zeus (West German and have the .0001 vernier

so you can read to 1/10,000 inch. Wood case, calibrating standard. $20.

5 to 6 inch micrometer, West Germany, calibrated to 1/10,000 inch, calibrating

standard, snap lock box, we are getting into some serious stuff here. On a bench with a set of known spacers, you can use one of these to measure things up to 6 inches. From 5 to 6 inches, you can use it directly. I'll take $22.50.

9 to 10 inch micrometer, case like those above, new still sealed in plastic bag, I don't see the vernier reader, so this may be only readable ot 1/1000 inch. I don't know. Made in West Germany. To List members $25.00

10 to 11 inch micrometer, case like above, but the top of the case appears shop worn. I suspect it was at the bottom of a pile of things the vendor sold because the wood is dirty appearing. A fast pass with a pad sander and it could look like new again. Inside, the mic is still in plastic and appears to be new. No markings, I see no vernier scale for reading the last digit. To List members $25.

One set of inside radius checking gauges in a plastic case. There is a progression of 23 sizes from 1/32 inch to 1/2 inch. So the largest relates to a 1 inch bore hole. Sort of like a thread gauge set, but for hole sizes. $5.00

Shipping: I could spend a lot of time finding a suitable box, driving out ot UPS, standing in the Christmas shipping line, all to save a little postage. But for $3.00, the Post Office provides a strong box and Priority Delivery for

up to 32 ounces. For smaller packages, I'd prefer to go that way. If someone

wants several and I'll need a different box anyway, if you want to go with parcel post, I'll do it.

I'm keeping one of everything but these two largest micrometers, so those aren't listed. I believe these are GOOD prices. I am holding two items for List member's addresses who said they wanted something but failed to send their address. If I don't receive those shortly, I'll let the earliest dated alternative person who asked for those two items (not shown above) have them. Be well and live in grace, John