Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:50:58 -0500
From:         "mark@ebyte.com" <mark@EBYTE.COM>
Subject:      Streaming Vanagon Video, Produced Just for the List
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hey Volks , so this is the deal . . . Fellow listee (and long time member) Erik OBrien and me (I) are sitting around one night discussing my soon-to-be unemployed status as a star television reporter and how best to keep me from robbing banks to pay the mortgage and Eric says, "Hey, why don't we put red lights on the inside of my Westy, black out the windows, and use my cell phone to start up an escort service?" and I said "Nah, your Westy isn't NEARLY nice enough," so it was back to the drawing board and the Cleveland First National Guarantee and Trust was starting to look mighty tempting, but then Eric says "Hey I know why don't we tear the center seats out of your 7-passenger and weld the sliding door closed and sell ice cream out of it?" and I said "Are you nuts? In the middle of winter? In Cleveland? And wouldn't the diesel fumes make 'em gag while they were waiting?" so it was back to daydreaming about no-penalty early withdrawals from Home Equity Savings when Eric says "Hey how about we produce streaming videos for the Web?" and I said "I didn't know your girlfriend was into that kind of thing" but then he says "No, let's do real-time video production for Web site owners who want something other than just a static Web display." and I said "Okay what business should we start with?" And he said "Let's do one on Streetsboro Foreign Auto and all his Vanagons." and I said "...and we can scam free Vanagon parts, I'm with you buddy!" and as they say THE REST IS HISTORY. The real story is somewhat more complicated and not nearly as exciting, but the finished product is. We're eByte Media, a business borne out of my buying a Vanagon earlier this year, hooking up with Erik, getting fired from CBS 19, and deciding that I wanted to control my own destiny, and that while I was a pretty good shot, robbing banks still sounded a little bit risky, plus I'm too cute to live in prison. So go to our site, check out our products, go to the Streetsboro site if you need anything Vanagon, and let us know what you think.

http://ebyte.com

yours, Mark Thoma '82 turbo-diesel Vanagon (with big ass sunroof)