Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:06:46 -0600
From:         Blue Eyes <lvlearn@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Re: Re. List Vendors, Ken Flaming
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

> but don't people only go into business > to make money?

Definately NO. That is not the only reason. And in Ken's example, as with Ron's, I'm very certain that both have a passion for VWs. I've been a customer of Ron's and I was fairly treated and well satisfied over two years ago. This spring I will be a customer of Ken's as he installs a nasty non stock higher powered diesel in my Westy than the VoA sources of enlightenment ever intended. (I wonder if they ever get sand in their eyes and noses.) I've owned businesses, and averaged 90 hours per week for years doing it so I wouldn't ever have to again. I don't think you are making good assumptions about our on-line VW vendors. Some of these guys have passion that shows, and I believe that comment fairly extends to others I haven't mentioned too.

We've read about some abusers, and we should guide our actions accordingly. In a community where unfair treatment can be hidden, like the vendor who knowingly supplied a non-applicable part and refused to accept it back for cash or even credit, the unfair business person can always find lots more people to cheat. But in a community where information is freely conveyed, that can't happen. This List is such a community. Granted, we are geographically diverse, but in terms of the more important sharing of information test, we are astonishingly well connected.

Anyway, that's my view, and I vote my confidence with my patronage. John