Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jan 1999 04:03:44 -0800
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Unflattering '99 EuroVan review in Detroit News

Listees, I just have to get out some thoughts about the EV articles that have been surfacing on this list in the past. The biggest mistake, in my opinion, is that the EV is always compared to the minivans from the 3. The EV is not a minivan! Then again it is compared to the full size vans from the 3. The EV is not a full size van either! The EV is , as the name implies, a Eurovan, and I feel it is a class of its own, just look at the regular van size here in Europe, they are about the same size as the EV. The Toyota Hiace, Peugeot Boxer (!), Mitsubishi L300 & L400, Chevy Astro, they are all the Euro size. VW has a minivan of their own, my personal opinion is that VW is throwing money out the window, by not entering the Sharan to the US market. I bet that Ford is stopping them, cause the Sharan is a coop with Ford, which offers the same car as the Galaxy, even though they also have the Windstar on the Euro market. The lady in this article wrote that the EV couldn't have been designed with moms in thought, they should have seen how many women are driving Caravelles here in Norway, it is the best selling passenger van here. Just needed to get something out of my head.

PerL 88 Syncro