Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jan 1999 22:08:16 -0500
From:         Tyrone Greene <macpine@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Legal Advise Please ...[Fwd: Crash Report]...[longish]

Hi Volks,

You may recall the attached posting that I sent awhile back, if not, you may wish to read it now. But the reason for this current post is to ask you for your legal advise and suggestions after I explain to you what has finaly transpired regarding this accident.

After getting repeated calls by the gentalman who ran his truck into the back of my van, I desided to go through his insurance company for the repairing of my vehicle. The man had used very forceful language with me to allow him to cover the damage with out going to his insurer and once I made this desision known to him, he realy raked me over the coals saying things like I was trying to "screw" him finacialy and that I "was only out to make wild claims to make money like everyone else."

In the same calm even voice that I use with him in all our discourses (including at the accident scene), I repetedly affirmed to him that his charges as to my intensions were false and baseless.

I contacted my insurer and notified them of the accident and of my intent of putting the claim in on the other fellows policy. They said ok.

After contacting the insurer and gave them the legal information they requested, I was told to send them two (2) repair quotes and pictures showing the damaged areas to be covered.

Due to the passing of Hurricane Georges, the rquested info was delayed, but finaly sent in none the less.

This evening, after I come home at 7:30, after a long day that started at 3:30 this moning, I'm handed a envalope by my wife. I see that it is from the hitter's insurer and think "alright - it's about time we're going to get this van fixed!" But when I opened the envalope and read the contents, I became shocked, bewildered, frustrated and angery!

The letter read, "We have carefully reviewed all the information available to us along with our insured's statement and have concluded the following:

"Our investigation has revealed that in an attempt to drive around a staled vehicle you backed into our insured's vehicle causing the collision."

"In view of the foregoing, we regret to inform you that we will not honor your property damage claim."

And to compound the equation a bit more for me is the fact that I/we have just recently changed insurers.

What is/are your suggestions and counsel? Thank you in advance. :)

Tyrone Big Pine Key, FL

87 GL Syncro 85 Westy

[message/rfc822]