Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:57:49 -0500
From:         Mark Gajewski <mgajewski@MANVILLERUBBER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Windshield leaking/gasket replacement(long)
Comments: To: Noganav@AOL.COM

Andrew, thanks for the great description of this procedure, I have some rust in one of the corners under my seal and have been contemplating doing the same but wasn't sure what I would be getting into. Soon as it warms up I'll give it a shot. However, I've been told that Bondo is really not a great choice for patching rust holes as it tends to absorb moisture and therefore the hole you patch with bondo is likely to rust again rather quickly. I can confrim this experience with lower rockers on an old bay...Does anyone know anything about using Bondo for such an application as patching rust holes around window seals? Better alternatives? Also, does pulling rear-most side windows follow basically the same procedure? Mark