Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:27:14 -0800
From:         David Raistrick <keen@POLARIS.DIGITAL-GALAXY.NET>
Subject:      NC wintercampout site selection finalized. (fwd) (NEXT weekend!)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Dont email me about it, I know wwhat you do. email chris vw69bus@mindspring.com, or see his website!

-- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Ichigo keen@finally.atlasta.net '82 Westy-Maxine (Mom's) '66 SO-44 Westy (It runs! I drove it!) in Augusta Ga

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 22:26:36 -0700 From: Chris <vw69bus@mindspring.com> Subject: NC wintercampot site selection finalized.

Hi everyone! After hearing your feedback and searching for sites the decision is in. The campout will be held at VanHoy Farms in Harmony, NC. We have 106 acres on which to camp and mill around at a cost of $5.00 per night per person. Electric hookups are there for those that want to use them(for an extra fee). Hot showers and flush toilets are availible to all campers. Open fires for cooking and warmth are permitted and well behaved pets are welcome too.

VanHoy Farms is a kinda famous/infamous place because it was the site of the Old Time Fiddlers Convention and many of the buildings remain on the site. Casey VanHoy (owner/operater/resident) welcomes us as a group and requests that we be respectful of others who may be camping there(mostly RV hookup folk.) and have a good time!

The dates will be Jan 15,16 and 17. You can bring your own firewood but Casey says that we are welcome to scavenge all the deadwood that we like. Perhaps a chainsaw crew should be organized. Maybe Dave will bring the singlecab or doublecab to haul wood in(hint,hint:)>

Saturday night will be the potluck cookout. I will provide burgers, hotdogs and buns. Lauren will be getting the veggie stuff together. Bring a side or whatever you want to eat if the above does not appeal to you.

In honor of the event I have hastily constructed my very first website. It has directions(maps) and some bullets. Please check it out any suggestions are welcome. Below is the URL

http://www.mindspring.com/~vw69bus/ncfrozenbus.html

Need more info or want to help? Send P-mail to vw69bus@mindspring.com

Chris '72 bus '69 bus