Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:57:47 -0500
From:         "Robert A. Alexander" <satcong@VOL.COM>
Subject:      WATER HEATERS!
Comments: To: "Vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM" <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Volks, I really have no idea of just how much "hot water" you masochists need while jaunting around in your Westies during the Winter months, but, as a veterinarian, I have some more affluent colleagues who have BOWIE veterinary bodies in/on their pickup trucks which make performing large animal calls MUCH nicer! The Bowie website is http://www.bowiemfg.com/ and their inserts offer 13 gallon hot & 13 gallon cold tanks.

I talked to two of my colleagues who have these units, but neither really could tell me just who manufactures the heating units within the Bowie units. They do involve splicing into the cooling system, though. As you probably can figure, veterinarians are quite particular about "things" working properly. One might consider checking with Bowie to find out just who that get the water heating unit from.

Also, for those who really desire to have vast amounts of hot water, there are natural/LP gas "demand" units available. When I remodeled the restaurant I bought into a veterinary clinic, I investigated those small gas-fired hot water units to use at each sink/tub site. Decided since a 60 gallon gas-fired water heater was so cheap, I'd go with it. One might check into installing one such unit in their Westy for hot water "on demand".

BOB - WA4RRN '85GL - ALGORE FOR FOUR MORE!