Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:59:50 -0500
From:         Vlach <vlach@COBWEB.NET>
Subject:      Thanks, Accessories, What's it worth?

I am without my Vanagon Syncro for the first time in 10+ years. We sold her last night/today. It was a 2 day event because she threw a tantrum when leaving last evening. Some dry gas products calmed her down just fine. Her new owner ended up staying the night at our place to make sure all was well before heading home (for the 2nd time). I can't help but believe it was hard for her to say good-bye.

We did quite the test drive (over an hour), which included plenty of snow play. It wasn't until she was 5 minutes into the drive to her new home that her tantrum began. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Her new owner already has a Westy and plans to purdy up our dear friend for his weekend fun.

THANK YOU to the many of you who have offered good advice over the last couple of months. I received many responses over the the bank financing issues of the buyer. Your responses slapped me into reality and I stood firm on not releasing title without exchange of payment. The out of state (Ohio) bank agreed to release a check for the buyer to bring with him in return for a faxed copy of title and our identification.

I will soon post more details (and probably website photos) of some accessories we will be selling:

ROOF RACK - "VOTEX" (purchased from dealer) SKI ATTACHMENT (Locking) - for roof rack (purchased from dealer) BIKE RACK - "Hollywood" 4-bike rear hatch carrier (we internally reinforced the hatch door to support rack-worked great!) BENTLEY MANUAL - near new, purchased 8/97 to due transmission work (can you believe we owned our Vanagon 9 years and never knew about the Bentley Manual? TRANSMISSION WRENCH - Something that cost us about $90.00, Part number VW381/14 (retaining ring wrench), fits transmissions: 4-speed 091, 4-speed 091/1, 5-speed 094, 094-4WD.

ALSO - DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK to offer as to what a syncro transmission w/locking differential (#094-4WD) (in parts) would be worth? Here's what I know:

* Main shaft & 4th gear are not useable. * Case is questionable. Dealer says it's fine. My mechanic (who I trust better) had concerns about a wear mark inside the gear carrier housing where the main shaft pertrudes.

What's it worth?

Thank Again!

Lynnda Vlach Vanagonless (unless it comes back!)