Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:20:25 -0700
From:         Blake Thornton <thornton@MATH.UTAH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Westfalias are Motor Homes

I looked into this when i got insurance on my westy. i have insurance with USAA and since it is my only car, it couldn't be considered a moter home, but as i recall, if i had had another vehicle then the there was a chance it have it considered a moterhome.

The fact that a motor home can be a legal place of residence is interesting too. would that mean that if you're sleeping on some street and the cops wake you up, there is nothing they can do?, or if the neighborhood complains about a "shaddy van" parked for days on end that you have a legal right to live there? Is there a similar law in the states? (I know this has also come up but...) and what about drinking in the van? If its a home, then it should be ok.

Blake salt lake city