Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:32:25 -0800
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@JPS.NET>
Subject:      Re: square headlight upgrade kit
Comments: To: Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>

Helmut, I'm really not quite sure what you are trying to say. It seems that there is a small translation problem for me. In any case, our idea is that we are NOT happy with the standard square H4's. That's why I referred to this as an upgrade: because Randy's solution is supposed to be better than the standard square H4's that came with our late model vanagons. As for price, there is no doubt in my mind that the cost of the parts that Randy is offering will be substantially less than what he is proposing to charge. Since he has already put in the engineering time and will put in more fabrication time, I would expect him to make a profit. Take your van to a good mechanic here in the US and you will pay from $50 to $75 or more per hour. I'm sure it would take me much more than 4 hours to do the research and get all the materials together and do the fabrication of this upgrade kit. If it's as good as Randy claims (and we are going to check that out), then I think it is worth the $200 to me. Thanks for you input. Bill 90 Westy Syncro Lake Tahoe -----Original Message----- From: Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Sunday, January 10, 1999 2:41 PM Subject: Re: square headlight upgrade kit