Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:42:59 +0100
From:         Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: square headlight upgrade kit

YauMan, you got what I tried to say.

>I thought that the current stock rectangular >headlights are NOT H4's... >The only bulb that can go into the >hi/low beam unit is the 9004 which is inadequate. >To be able to use H4' bulbs, we would have to change >to round eyes... >If we want to keep the rectangular look, we would >have to change to the European type of rectangulars >and that I think is what Helmut has listed. I should have been more specific. The standard Vanagon squares I listed before are E1-code with H4 bulbs.

To upgrade the headlights, on my opinion, there are three choices (weighted, 3 is the best):

1) Replace the DOT square against the E1-code squares. (better as 0) or standard on the dual beam) Total about 160 USD

2) Take Randy's brackets, 5x7 high beams and 5x7 Bosch DE. (better as 1) on low beam) Total about 300 USD

3) Take Projektzwo with high beams and Hella DE (better on low beam (as 1)) and high beam (as 2))) Total about 480 USD

If you're still on DOT, you may add Randy's H1/H4 5x7 set as 0). You should not change, if you already own the E1-code squares.

At this point I like to thank Randy for his offer. It's a nice idea and it's a friendships price he asks for.

Helmut '80 Vanagaudi