Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:13:47 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Intermittent no start - fuel pump/relay?
Comments: To: "Beutler, Art (AZ75)" <Art.Beutler@CAS.HONEYWELL.COM>

--------------------- Hi Art, The fuel pump should always run a short time maybe 1 - 2 seconds as you go from key off to key on. It should also run anytime there are hall pulses from the distributor. If you are getting hall pulses you should also have fi (fuel injector) pulses. This way using a stethoscope or by feel at an injector you can tell if you have fuel pump or a hall problem. The ecu controls both the fuel pump and the fi signals. Darrell

-----Original Message----- From: Beutler, Art (AZ75) <Art.Beutler@CAS.HONEYWELL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, January 11, 1999 10:25 AM Subject: Intermittent no start - fuel pump/relay?