Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:33:38 -0600
From:         Steven Cu <steven@PWORLD.NET.PH>
Subject:      Re: Adding gauges to a Vanagon dashboard, and which are important?
Comments: To: thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM

Karl,

I have an 82 and added two gauges one is a cylinder head temperature and the other one for the oil temperature. It is mounted on an enclosed console made for three gauges. I then mounted it on the headliner right in front of the mounting for the rear view mirror (no it does not obstruct the view. Wiring it is very tricky, you have to pass through the hole where the mirror is mounted then towards the left then down the pillar, I used a small drain opener for this. Removing the sunvisor will help you see the wires. My next project will be to add a oil pressure gauge.

Steven 82 Westy Manila Philippines

---------- > From: Karl Mullendore <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Adding gauges to a Vanagon dashboard, and which are important? > Date: Thursday, January 07, 1999 9:14 PM > > I'm sure some of you have added auxiliary gauges to your vans by now, so I > am wondering what interesting mounting cups, extra consoles, or whatever > that you have used, where, and do they look like they belong there? I'm > getting ready to install the 1.9 Turbodiesel, and want to add another 3 > gauges: one for boost pressure, one for exhaust temp., and a voltmeter. Any > thoughts also on other more important ones, or should that do it? Thanks for > any input. > > Karl