Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:19:21 -0600
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: TDI fuel savings
Comments: To: Karen Bauhs <kbauhs@env.gov.mb.ca>

In Winnipeg we have an on-going Westy project to swap the waterboxer with a beaver-powered motor. It is very similar to a rat-motor, but those are inadequate for the Westy (only suitable for Beetles and Golfs etc).

We plan to see if a dual-beaver powered motor is possible, but we are not sure how that will impact the consumption of wood.

The great thing about this motor is that in Canada there is a lot of wood, so we could cut trees (only deadwood) as we go along the highway.

The only serious problem we forsee is rapid wearing of the beavers teeth, as sometimes we have to use surplus 2 by 4's in the city (with nails). Does anybody know of a species of beaver that is not so prone to tooth-wear? Or, perhaps, someone has rigged up a beaver tooth-protector of some kind? I wonder if coating the teeth with a hard coating is more practical or easy to do than jerry-rigging a tooth-protector?

Any comments regarding the above are welcome. (Soon, I will be offering kits for the above, (watch out David!) $2700 without the Beaver or $3500 with (no core required).

The only thing is, you will have to come up with your own tooth-protector system, (but any local vet can do that - it's about $100)

Marshall Ruskin 84 Beaver-powered Westy 59 Rat-powered bug