Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:21:41 -0800
From:         Denis Bélisle <debels@TOTAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gasket sealer

recommend putting a thin film of the blue RTV on the O-ring. This acts as cement to hold the O-ring in place while you are installing the pump (they fall out of that groove pretty easy otherwise) and also seals any irregularities that might be in the sealing surfaces. ................................................................ Hello, For sealing old surface mating the O¨ring¨ I used Loctite Ultra Grey imported car silicone its made for aluminum not sure of the number And you have another brand made by permatex Ultra Grey sensor safe its a gray tube of 99 grams both are non corrosive for aluminum Both tube are the same color(gray) different brand made by the same company Loctite the product differ a bit but do the same job I think loctite is the first one to introduce that stuff

When you try ultra grey silicone you gone forget all the other stuff bleu red black ect.... http://www.loctite.com/ just my opinion

sorry for my english should have inserted 50% french language ? <:-)))

Denis Belisle

Quebec canada