Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:54:34 -0500
From:         david raistrick <keen@FINALLY.ATLASTA.NET>
Subject:      I'm outta here folks. (and the 82 is running again)

Over the past few months, this list, which I originally subscribed to in the summer of 1995, has become a mess of people arguing about nothing.

Replies that have no content, no useful information of anysort, and just plain assholes flaming other people.

I subscribed to the vanagon@lenti list just after I bought my first bus: a 1975 Westy. I recieved lots of terrific help, and am greatful. I still have the vintagebus and type2 lists to get help on, since no one is very interested in HELPING people here anymore.

Mailing lists need moderation, of some sort at least. People who post off topic to excess should be booted, as well as the assholes who only hinder, and never help. Without this moderation, we are nothing better then your favorite newsgroups.

Grow up people.

And, for the last of the vanagon content, mom's jetta lost a piece of her shift linkage this weekend while I was camping at FrozenBus (a huge success, btw! you should have been there!:), so last night I hacked another relay into mom's old one (the dual relayon her 82, the non-pump side had ~1.5M ohms across the points when closed..), and stuck it all in there. Ugly, but it works. (Jim called last night, the new relay should be in tomorrow or the next day)

Took it for a 45 minute drive, and it ran great. took a bit for the lifters to pump back up.

I'll miss the great help I've recieved from this list over the years, but I wont miss the bullshit. and to think, I've got my eye on an ~85 around the corner from work. Oh well, I know who to turn to for help when I need it.

.....david

(and, since most of you havent figured it out yet, no on-list replies need to be made to this. If you want to comment, keen@finally.atlasta.net works well, or direct them to /dev/null )

-- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Ichigo keen@finally.atlasta.net '82 Westy-Maxine (Mom's) '66 SO-44 Westy (It runs! I drove it!) in Augusta Ga