Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:41:13 -0800
From:         OregonSites <sysadmin@OREGONSITES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Too big to ship UPS.
Comments: To: "Michael A. Radtke" <m.radtke@ELM.AZ05.BULL.COM>

There may be another option. Go to another UPS service location. In our neck of the woods we can drive 10 miles to a UPS dealer who is a real stickler. Or we can drive 25 miles and go to the UPS terminal where the lady who is always there just eyeballs the package (not part of the chain gang I guess) and doesn't even charge the obligatory 30lb min rate when the box is really big... She just charges what the package weighs.... Needless to say, we always go the extra miles. UPS is just a network of people, and some are cooler than others.

-Brian 84 Westy

-----Original Message----- From: Michael A. Radtke <m.radtke@ELM.AZ05.BULL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, January 18, 1999 8:01 AM Subject: Re: Too big to ship UPS.