Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:44:37 -0800
From:         Kyle Wade <pengi@CRUZIO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot SPAM, again!

Listees,

I think that Tim has a Valid point here. On what other List would advertising be allowed in the manner it is here?

I've yet to find one, (not that I'm looking).

I want some of you to think back to when Kyle appeared on the list.....

Sure I started an on-line business after being on the list. But I P-mailed people directly on their questions with Both information and possibly a part for them. In the early stages of being on the List I was selling more used parts than new and basically giving them away. I was doing it to help those of you who don't or didn't have access to as many VW parts as I did.

Well as time went on it got tougher to continue on dealing with the, I can get it for this much here and all the different BS that was happening on the list.

Don't get me wrong, the List is a Great tool. It helps and has helped more people than I belive have been hurt by it, But there is so much BS. How many times have we seen the tire topic? The stalling after running down the freeway for an hour? The rich running when cold? The pros and cons to the Universal 02 senser than buying the one with the correct plug on it???? Shall I keep going???????

My point is, this list is here to help the people that don't know the answers get the answers, as well as for the few of us that are always trying to improve our vans in one way or another, to share the info that we've learned be it positive or negative. I really enjoy hearing that a certain person has gone to the effort to make a set of springs for their Syncro and that they'll report to the list when they have some miles on them how they work. That's what the list is about IMO.

I don't have alot of bad things to say about other people. There are a few people or business' that I'm hard pressed to find a nice thing to say about too. I've tried over the years to live by the "if you don't have a nice thing to say about them then don't say anything". Maybe others could benifit from this??????????

To get back to the reason why I'm writing this, When I was fairly new to the List I used to post advertisments so to speak. I was jumped on and informed that this wasn't ok. I stopped doing it. I didn't run an on-line business so to speak. I offered parts to those who wanted them at a reasonable price and I didn't try to under cut the Whole market to be the Big Dog.

So I didn't post to the List in that manner any longer and I posted to many people p-mail.

I wondered, how others could do what I was told not to do and keep doing itwithout being scolded for it as i was?

All I know is that it takes a "Special Breed" to own and love a Vanagon. Anybody can run a business.

As some of you know now, I'm still dealing with Vanagons daily, just trying to eliminate the waterboxer problems and assist you in getting there with more power.

I hope that nobody takes this wrong, but I want to see the list stay a information sharing media and Not an Advertising Media. There is Hot Vw's and VW Trends if one needs to advertise??????? -- Kyle Wade Vanagon Project Mgr Eurospec Sport www.vanagongti.com 408-848-4205 X228 Kyle Wade Keeper of the volks-motorsports page www.volks-motorsports.com home page Pengi@cruzio.com