Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:10:38 -0800
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot SPAM, again!
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>

Tim

I respect your point of view and defend your right to it.

However. I also have a member of this list for a few years now and still delight in reading every post that comes my way ( including posts blatant or otherwise ) from Ron, Ken, Jim, Kyle and all the other vendors on the list. You see I read them and can gain a bit of insight, knowledge and options from the information that they part with in these posts. I do not care if they are pushing their barrow and touting for sales because I believe that if I choose not to I do not have to buy from them.

In addition when reading the mail from this list I often come across some newbie who joins the list with the plea " My heads have gone kaput. The dealer wants $1000.00 for a new set. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper. Well Tim along comes Ron, Ken, Jim and Kyle and says " sure I sell them for a lot bloody less that that mate." So our new friend saves himself a packet of bucks, gets his new parts and is forever grateful that he got the information from those shameless vendors on this list

Take this one step further. Our member Todd Hill is another horrible vendor who is also on the list. If anyone dares to have a go at him they would want r@#$!%%. Everyone of his posts are informative and all gain knowledge of our transaxles courtesy of him. Shame on you Todd you have even put a price in one of your posts and do clearly say you shamefully fix the beasts.

I guess Tim if you have read this post this far and haven't deleted this verbal diarrhoea, you can get my message.

Which is! " for god sake man put a sock in it ". You can always exercise freedom of choice, the same as I do.

Now I am expecting the flames to come thick and fast. So send them along I have found the delete button and I do not give a rats bottom.

Ray Hunnam Exercising his god given Aussie right of " having a go"

P.S. One hundred thousand apologies to all the insensitive folk; but I did not call upon the Almighty once, used a polite word for arse, and blanked out the one insensitive word used. To those terrible vendors of the list I will still be reading your posts even if your buggers are shamefully touting for business. I am sure the newbie members are grateful for the cheap prices.

P.P.S. Ron ! branch out, come on down under, we can sure use you. A air filter for my 91 sets me back $130.00 Aus. and that's with a trade discount.