Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:26:03 -0800
From:         "-   Roy I. Mathers" <roy@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot SPERM, again!
Comments: To: wdavidson@THEGRID.NET

Wdavidson; I agree 100%,ww We do not need any KEN STARRS on our list ,if you don"t like what you see, delete it ,don't read it ,but don't bitch about it, Most of us don't give a RATS SS,about what you gripers have to say other than you are totally wasting bandwidth,I'm sick of seeing this thread for the last three day's please ,& you know who you are, QUIT the list, stop griping about what you don't like, if you have a LEGITIMATE GRIPE ,pmail the listee, the rest of us don't caaare to share your problem or stupidity constantly, C'mon, over 150 post's a day over the same bull crap for the last three day's , this type activity does not benefit anyone, Again if you don't like it QUIT,QUIT,QUIT,do not insult the man that has been kind enough to assume this list in Ron & Chris's place .don't want to lose this kindness,because I don't want to lose this list and have it go away on us, So please ,when you feel you've got to bitch,PMAIL the individual, don't write the whole list ,or I assure you ,David will tell us to take this list and put it where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, Roy On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:41:01 -0800 Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET> writes: >Volks... Please.... > >"It was also self-serving, profit motivated, free advertising from a >vendor >who has actually threatened a list member with a legal action for >criticizing his mis-use of the list. As a vendor, you have no right >to >criticize anyone for any opinion expressed here regarding spam." > >This thread is getting out of hand. It sounds like anger and blame and >whining. >And it is becoming destructive to our good will to each other. After >all, we >are here to learn and the have fun aren't we? Did we join this list to >bitch >at each other? Of course not. So let's show each other a little >civility and >respect. > >Is ANYONE not here on this list for some type of gain? If you like >cheaper >parts you are here for gain. If you want to learn you are here for >gain. If >you are here to help others you are here to gain because that is what >you >enjoy. If you are here just for the fun of it you are here to gain. I >don't >think our motives are all that different from Ron's or any of the >vendors. >We are all here to profit from this list. So let's be nice to each >other >okay? > >Is this question of how vendors on the list should act important >enough to >stop us from what we came to this list for? If so, there is no need to >attack vendors or anyone else. There are simple and civil solutions. >Like: >Let's ask the list administrator to decide. Or..... >Let's take a vote. > >I suggest people stop, count to ten, take a few deep breaths, take a >walk in >the woods, think about how you would like someone else to speak to >you, and >scratch the dog's belly before you post a response to these hot >topics. >Thanks for listening.... >Bill >90 Westy Syncro >Lake Tahoe >-----Original Message----- >From: Steven X. Schwenk <SXS@Concentric.net> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Date: Monday, January 18, 1999 8:57 PM >Subject: Re: Bus Depot SPERM, again! > > >>Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:46:33 -0500 >>From: The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM> >>Subject: Re: Bus Depot SPAM, again! >> >>Tim is, unfortunately, misinformed. <snip> >>My post directly responded to a question about whether there >>was a >>cheaper-than-dealer source for genuine oil filters. It was >>accurate, >>informative, appropriate, and brief. None of these could be >>said about >>Tim's response. >> >>- Ron Salmon >> The Bus Depot >> http://www.busdepot.com >> >>It was also self-serving, profit motivated, free advertising >>from a vendor who has actually threatened a list member with >>a legal action for criticizing his mis-use of the list. As >>a vendor, you have no right to criticize anyone for any >>opinion expressed here regarding spam. Do an archive search >>on bus depot anybody and then tell me how much it would cost >>to target 800 narrowly targeted customers so >>frequently...and then tell me what this enterprize has >>returned to the list...a $20 contribution last year or >>something....not much! >>Nothing personal, Ron. Take a PR course or something. >>Don't trash listmembers, please. >>steve >> >

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]