Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:42:01 -0330
From:         Bob Norman <B.Norman@THEZONE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Spam, spam, can we make it better?
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>

What an amazing amount of mail today!

My turn to contribute to it, but I think it's relevant and important.

first of all, I'm on a Jaguar list as well as this one. I suggest that you look at it. http://www.jag-lovers.org/ I think it could be the model to follow. Especially since, as Tom says "I detect not only a loss of community but also a loss of concern about it." The guys on the Jag list cover all types and models, and have a pub, for discussions such as this. It seems that were are too fractured, if all of us Volksowners could have a common site, with different lists, and sections, wouldn't that help create a sense of belonging and bonding? The combined members of the Jag list contribute what they can towards keeping it going. There is strength in numbers, and our combined VW numbers would be incredible.

Not saying it's the be all and end all, just throwing out an idea.

That being said, at the very least I think we should have a pub, for jokes, general discussions, rants like this, etc...

And in the words of Forrest Gump, ...That's all I have to say about that.

Cheers,

Bob Norman '81 Westy Gander, Newfoundland Canada

Last night, as I lay in bed and looked up at the stars, I thought, "What the hell happened to my roof."