Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:34:05 -0600
From:         Rob Wright <wright@APS.ANL.GOV>
Subject:      Re: BA6  heater questions
Comments: To: Mark Sheflo <skjeflo@TELEBYTE.NET>

Well i am by no means an expert with these things but here goes. First these heaters do cycle on and off once the heat exchanger gets hot the flame will extinguish and the pump will stop ticking but the auxiliary fan will keep blowing the heater will light when warmer air is required. are you sure the pump is pumping fuel or is it just ticking?and if it is working were is it going?that would worry me.Next i would make sure it is getting spark to the glow spark plug you can pull it out and check it,i would disconnect the wires from the fuel pump and run the heater touch the plug to ground somewhere and look for spark.Well these are just a couple of ideas if you have any more questions please let me Know.

Rob Wright 82 westy 85 3ootd