Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:57:50 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Basic list rules and Resume's wanted

Volks,

I have had a lot of people write to me with many complaints about various things. Namely content or lack of, flaming or public quarrels.

PLEASE let the stupid Tim vs Busdepot thing drop. We are all tired of hearing about it. The issue has been put to rest - 90% of the list member wants the list to remain the same as far as commercial posting goes.

1 - Please keep the content of all posts related to the Vanagon, Eurovan or relevant Volkswagen / Audi cousins.

2 - If you have a complaint about someone's please ***P-MAIL*** them to see if you can peacefully resolve it. If that fails or you just don't feel that you can make a CIVAL suggestion please ***P-MAIL*** me and I will contact that person an behalf of you. For those who do not know P-MAIL is short for PRIVATE EMAIL. When replying to the message, hit REPLY and not REPLY-ALL. If you hit reply-all the whole list will see it.

I would also like to announce that after one-month. I'm throwing the towel in. I really don't have the time or resources to do a great job of maintaining the Vanagon list. Between my 8 to 5 job of managing the computer department of a communications store, my 10 month old son, my wife and my second job of supplying parts for classic water-cooled Volkswagens. It leaves little time for the list. I am sorry volks, my family comes first, my job(s) come second and hobbies come third. I will still maintain the list in the mean time, but I am looking for someone who can take over my duties. Gerry (the server) has a home at my work (we are also an ISP) so this isn't a major concern at this point. So, please send a resume (PMAIL) to me listing why you want to be a list admin and what qualifications or experiences do you have with mailing list, Internet, PCs etc. Ron and I will go over the applicants and decide from there. Just to let everyone know it was a tough decision, but the best decision for me. Your son is only a baby once and I am missing it.

Good luck and thank you.

On the road of life there are administrators and there are vanagon list administrators - resume wanted!

-- David Marshall - Vanagon List Admin - Quesnel, BC, Canada -- -- 78 VW Rabbit, 80 VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KSQ, 85 VW Cabriolet -- -- 88 2.0L VW Syncro Double Cab, WANTED: VW / Bombardier Iltis -- -- David's Volkswagen Home Page http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- Fast Forward Autobahn Sport Tuning http://www.fastforward.ca -- -- david@volkswagen.org (pmail) or vanagon@volkswagen.org (list) --