Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:13:42 -0600
From:         Scott Hall <ictalurus@WESTAL.NET>
Subject:      FW: Heater
Comments: To: "vanagon@vanagon.com" <vanagon@vanagon.com>

---------- From: Scott Hall[SMTP:ictalurus@westal.net] Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 11:29 PM To: 'Jason Cornfeld' Subject: RE: Heater

Jason I assume you are referring to the electric blower switch and not the heater slider that allows hot coolant to circulate through your heater. You said you had heat at speed. The vents by your lap on my '86 Westy did not come connected to the heater. They are fresh air only. I assume the '85 is the same. I would check for a blown fuse on the blower circuit, first. If that is OK, check the wiring around the switch itself. The wires on my switch have the tendency to heat up if used in position 3 or High. Might have some melted/broken wires. Test for voltage in the switch. If all is Ok you might have a bad blower motor. I have heard that they can and do eventually give up. Not fun. I think you have to remove the dash to get at it. And they ain't cheap. Hope this helps. Dan Hall '86 Westy Alabama

---------- From: Jason Cornfeld[SMTP:a68fasty@LGCY.COM] Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 11:12 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Heater

My Front heater does not seem to work.. I turn the switch.. and nothing.. my rear heater works.. but no front.. I have a Vanagon GL 1985. But heat comes out of all the vents at speed.. and the regular vents by your lap.. blow out cold.. please help I am in Utah...

Thanks! Jason