Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:30:41 EST
From:         Victor Montgomery <vmontgo32@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Motorhome (other insurance co's?)
Comments: To: transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM

I have my '80 Westfalia insured with State Farm and it is insured as an RV (Motorhome). It met the self-contained requirement and is not my principle transportion.

Victor... '80 Westy '70 Käfer '77 Käfer

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:45:52 PST Mark McCulley <transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: >Farmer's Insurance Group insures my Westfalia as an RV. I had to ask >for >this classification and I do have another vehicle that is insured as >my >primary vehicle--if I was driving the Westfalia to work every day I >don't think they would insure it as an RV. They asked me a bunch of >questions such as does it have a stove, refrigerator, etc. trying to >see >if it met their definition of "self-contained." When asked if it had a >bathroom I said yes, but didn't tell them the bathroom was a >porta-potty >;) Saved me a lot of money though I don't recall exactly how much. > >Mark McCulley > > >>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:19:16 EST >>Reply-To: Iaonbb@AOL.COM >>From: Mm Bitner <Iaonbb@AOL.COM> >>Subject: Motorhome (other insurance co's?) >>To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> >>My wife is an insurance agent in Colorado. She just called USAA to >see >about >>their rates and they informed us that you had to be a veteran or >related? >>(guess I missed that post) Anyway, a list of companies for the >archives >would >>be great but does anyone else out there have their beloved insured as >a >motor >>home at a cheaper rate, and if so, which one??? I'd like to look into >it ASAP. >>We drive our '80 Adventure-Westy mainly on the weekends so paying the >>insurance we do for a part-time vehicle has never made sense to me. >You'd >>think every company would have some kind of part-time policy, as long >as you >>could verify it w/ mileage or some other way?! Any info greatly >appreciated!!! >>TIA >>MDB >> >>P.S. I think State Farm does but she refuses to give any of our >business to >>them. She's w/ Shelter Ins. & financial out of Colombia, MO.(they are >>definitely the best but don't offer a any part-time policies) We >currently >>have full coverage w/ a replacement value of $10,000. About $50 a >month. >> >> > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com >