Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:53:23 EST
From:         Victor Montgomery <vmontgo32@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Keeping List to Vanagon content!
Comments: To: vw4x4@FYI.NET

I am still wondering how this list has survived without ERIC (ie:THOUGHT POLICE) for this period of time? It is people like him, who stir all this stuff up and keep it going.

Victor...

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:26:35 -0500 EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET> writes: > Ok, > Here is a foul proof idea to keep the list, to Vanagons. >Everyone must join in. If everyone that reads a posting that did >not have any Vanagon content, would reply to the sender, (and I mean >everyone) this would probably fill there mail box up. After the mail >box gets filled, the mail bounces until you emtpy it. If the mail >form the list gets bounced back to the list server ,several times the >list >automaticlly kicks you off. All we have to do, is hit reply, and >send, >and that's what I'm going to do. > > Eric 86-VW4x4 > vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z > Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler > > >On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, David Marshall wrote: > >> At 13:44 19/01/1999 -0500, you wrote: >> >In lieu of the regularly scheduled spam war, I thought I'd start a >new >> >thread: >> > >> >What is the most interesting "thing" (that could mean a story, too) >that >> >you found in/about your van after buying it from a PO? >> >> Um... the WHOLE damn Double Cab! >> >> Front to rear mods when I bought it. >> >> - Ford Areostar bumper -> still there >> - Extended nose with lights 3" lower -> why, why, why, why... >> - Smurf blue dash, steering wheel, gear shift, basically every piece >of >> plastic in the cab. -> all black now (whew) >> - Ford Areostar bucket seats -> unfortunatly still there (anyone >have a >> spare set of Recaros) >> - Ford Areostar rear seat -> replace with a VW original seat >> - Fridge between the seats -> gone (never worked in the first place) >> - Dual Sunroofs -> drip drip (now fixed) >> - Rear side windows were chopped and lowered 6" >> - Mini blinds in the rear windows -> gone! >> - Plastic trim around the body -> gone! >> - Aluminum canopy -> replace with VW original canvas canopy >> - Carpet in the truck bed -> was used for sleeping >> - Natural Gas Converion -> 1/3 the HP / 1/2 the economy (gone!) >> - Ford Areostar rear bumper -> gone, now there is a beefy metal tube >bumper. >> - No Syncro badge -> shame! >> - 225/50 16" tires -> low rider Syncro! >> >> If Syncro Double Cabs with factory 16" wheels wern't so rare (and so >cheap) >> it would have stayed on the lot! >> >> -- David Marshall - Vanagon List Admin - Quesnel, BC, Canada -- >> -- 78 VW Rabbit, 80 VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KSQ, 85 VW Cabriolet -- >> -- 88 2.0L VW Syncro Double Cab, WANTED: VW / Bombardier Iltis -- >> -- David's Volkswagen Home Page http://www.volkswagen.org -- >> -- Fast Forward Autobahn Sport Tuning http://www.fastforward.ca -- >> -- david@volkswagen.org (pmail) or vanagon@volkswagen.org (list) -- >> >