Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:29:21 -0800
From:         Coddington <coddington@PACIFIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Filled gas tank leaking a common prob?
Comments: To: VintagePkr@AOL.COM

Keith, I had this same problem in my 87 Westy. Turned out to be a cracked plastic crossover vent tube on top of the tank. A pain to replace and expensive at the dealer. I drained the tank, removed bolts holding it at the rear and could barely reach up to the tube. Ended up using fuel proof epoxy to repair! Best of luck , Tom