Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:45:18 -0600
From:         Blue Eyes <lvlearn@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Friday Sneaky plan for advanced van drive revealed

It is with some disappointment that I must report my plans for creating the most advanced Vanagon drive system in the world have been eclipsed. Some my recall that I've proposed matching the world's lowest automotive Brake Specific Fuel Consumption region of 200 grams per kilowatt hour from a direct injection diesel TDI motor with gearing necessary to sustain Interstate Highway cruising speeds. But now I've learned that Robert Alexander has leap frogged well ahead of these pedestrian efforts. An early indication was revealed when he said: *****copy follows***** I've picked up some US Navy surplus handheld searchlights that should be the answer for folks who are tired of "overdriving" their headlights. These are new, smeared in cosmolene, 12" diameter, 12vdc mercury-vapor, 4.3MCP search lights which are guaranteed to totally blind folks who are bearing down upon you with their hi-beams on OR, if held low, provide 1,000 yard vision in dense fog/rain/snow!

I've got 'em for only $399.95 each OR $2000.00 for a set of SIX. I suggest mounting three of 'em at bumper level for fog/rain/snow use and three mounted across the roof line for blinding those jerks who are blinding you with their hi-beams or illuminating the 4,000 feet of pavement ahead of your Vanagon.

Each individual searchlight only draws 30 amps! *****end copy***** He postures himself to be interested in forward facing illumination. That's all just disinformation, intended to obfuscate the truth. But now I've discovered that he's well along toward creating the first Vanagon PHOTON DRIVE! Yes, he's planning on mounting an entire matrix bank of these horrendous light throwing beasts on the rear of his Vanagon. No more concerns about coefficient of adhesion between his tires and the ground except for steering and braking. He's being pretty secretive about the power source, but I have a short list of probable technical accomplices. Come clean you tech wizard guys. We already know who you are. John