Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:17:54 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro air filter

> Can you tell us the differences between the standard and the syncro air > filters you sell? > Are they both paper? > Do they both fit the syncro? > Why is there a different filter for the syncro? > Is the syncro air filter larger? More surface area? > Or does it filter smaller particles? > Can you compare the syncro air filter to the K&N? > Or anything else you think is important to know about these filters

The Syncro filter is larger but does fit into the stock air cleaner on both 2wd and Syncro Vanagons, so you can use it on any '86-up Vanagon. It has a larger paper surface area and metal top and bottom, and is capable of filtering out smaller particles. Yes, this is the exact same filter that the Dealer sells for about $80, and which created quite a stir on the List when Volks-Motorsports was blowing them out for $25 last year. Much was written about them at the time, all extremely positive, so you can read the archives if you'd like more information. Regarding any comparisons to K&N, I can't comment since I don't sell K&N and have no experience with their product. Perhaps one of our list members has tried both?

Again, the price is $12.95, which is about what the stock German filter goes for. Quite frankly these are an absolute steal at this price and will sell out without my having to make any real effort to promote them. I know I'm saving a couple for my own Westy. Check out the archives and see for yourself. People were going nuts over these things last year at double the price.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com