Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:17:44 -0400
From:         "Jose R. Moscoso" <jmoscoso@UCCARIBE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: alternator upgrade

In my case, I had the problem of dead start after two or more driving hours. Cold temperature was not a problem since in PR average is 85 year round. (Right now it is 78 at 10:00AM). The electromechanic cheked the charging current and found it low, he just doubled the cable from alternator to battery which resolved the low current coming to charge the battery. That gave me an additional hour, now it is after about three hours that the West'84 won't start. My mechanic suggested adding an additional (Ford?) relay to the starter, which I have not tried yet. Any suggestions.

Please count me in in those interested to upgrade front lights. Can someone post a complete list of steps into doing this, including cabling?