Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:50:33 PST
From:         Mark McCulley <transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      pop top mildew prevention

Last summer I went to great lengths to clean up the mildew on the inside of my Westfalia's pop top. I figured the mildew occured from moisture that accumulates when cooking and sleeping in the van. Well that's only part of the story. Several ski excursions this winter have led me to the conclusion that moisture condenses inside the van whenever I travel for any period of time in cold weather. After a day trip to the local ski area about an hour away, the pop top area above the folded bed will be soaking wet. To prevent mildew I now dry out that area by raising the top and putting a small electric heater up there for a couple of hours or overnight to dry everything out real good.

Mark McCulley 87 syncro Westfalia TRNSPTR