Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:28:05 -0800
From:         Rubatoguy on Mindspring <rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Audi 5 Cyl Swap: Alert! Possible Trouble
Comments: To: "Mark B. Magee" <condor2@FLASH.NET>

For those interested, here is one site with information on engine swaps in CA.

My understanding is, the general rule is that the engine must be the same year or newer than the chassis - and must meet all smog regs for that year (which ever is newer - the engine or chassis). To get the vehicle licencensed, you have to go to a referee station to get an "approved" sticker.

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/000008.htm#Overview